Milwaukee Road 992147 was built in 1956 by the Thrall Company. It was originally numbered 02147 and renumbered in the late 60s or early 70s to 992147. It's first paint scheme was all orange with black trucks and underframe and the road name "The Milwaukee Road" spelled out across the letter board in maroon. In the 60s, Milwaukee road began adding black roofs and the familiar canted "The Milwaukee Road" hearald to the side of the bay window. A 70s addition to the Milwaukee Road caboose paiont scheme was Federal Yellow ends for better visibility. Not all the cars received this paint scheme, but 992147 was wearing it when acquired by GSRM.
MILW 992147 was repainted about 10 years ago by GSRM volunteers and since then has faded badly. A future project as time and funds permit will be a new paint job. The draft gear and brake rigging also need to be completely overhauled before MILW 992147 can operate on the museum property.
Please click on any of the photos below to begin your tour of MILW 992147.